Tuesday, July 13, 2010

If you really knew me...

This whole project is seemingly becoming more difficult with each day. Am i discovering truths about myself that I had neglected to see or attempted to hide beneath a bubbly facade? What the hell, this was supposed to be fun and self-discovering... but I suppose in some masochistic way it really is. This definitely allows me to deconstruct my personality/character and provides a foundation on which to rebuild.

Oh, damn! New idea: each day of this project, I will provde one flaw and one fortune about all that is "Chris" that way I can oust the bad and bring forth the things about me that I truly like. This might help combat the whole "depression" thing and would allow me to really analyze my character and become a better person... or something?!?

Hey, I'm just some sort of genius today. I think that I will also pick a person each day that I know and will comment on one thing that I admire about them. Awesome idea, I know. Thanks, I thought so too! Who knows, maybe all of this crap will start some crazy revolution where people go around analyzing themselves and getting to know who they truly are before they go around criticizing someone else's character flaws. It may not supress world hunger or find a cure for diseases like cancer or AIDS, but it's some start, right? C'mon, at least give me brownie points or something.

With no further ado, I introduce to you "Confession #3"...

Confession #3: If you really knew me, you would know that I'm not the best at keeping secrets. If you have something to confide in me and it is seriously "reputation-ruining" or truly something important and personal, then it is something that will never leave me. But for some reason whenever I am told something that no one else knows, I am compelled to tell them so that I feel like some sort of "know-it-all"... Sick, I know. This is something that I've been struggling with for a long time and I'm finally getting my tongue under control. Thankfully I've not seriously injured friendships with this flaw, but I know that I have definitely caused a few speed bumps along the way. No one wants to be friends with someone who has loose lips, and I am so thankful that I have amazing friends that I know I can confide in if need be.

Fortune #1: Without being conceited, I will say that I truly like that I am mature for my age. I know how to be extremely mature but I'm not totally lame. I know when I can have fun and "let loose", but I also know how to snap out of it. There have been times when people have assumed that I was much older than I actually am simply because of my level of maturity. Laugh if you want, it's the truth.

Person of the day: Sarah L. Green, where to start, hun? This girl is great, not only that but she's Green! You can't get any more amazing than that, I must say! Honestly, though, she's put up with the most shit from me. From 9th grade until now we have gone through so many different roller coaster and I truly admire her willingness to forgive me every time I've done something worthy of being catapulted from the fortress of "Sarah". She doesn't allow people back in often, so when she does it's something that should be cherished forever. I love you, Sarah! You're the bestest.

Well, I guess that concludes my ramblings for now. I'm sure I'll hear something hilarious or find something noteworthy on E! later tonight.

This above all: To thine own self be true.
-Shakespeare

1 comment: