Thursday, July 8, 2010

California Boys: They're Unforgettable!

As much as Katy Perry fancies singing about "California Girls" while she runs through her twisted fantasy of Candy Land (ft. Snoop Dogg), I've found a much more appealing source of eye-candy on the west coast. Granted, I'm too far north for the "surfer boy" look (save Austin, the cashier in SafeWay), it seems as if there is a whole new gene pool out here. I've always been surrounded by the "small town" shallow (and much imbred) gene pool that is Starke, Florida. I will admit that it is nice not seeing every guy in a huge truck, jacked up with tires the size of my VW Passat and some sort of racist, sexist, or southern saying on the rear window.

Oi Vey! Enough of mindless ranting, I suppose. I've officialy decided on a major - I'm finally following my dreams! I will major in Journalism (possibly double major in English) with a double minor in Education and Communication. I do believe that this will encompass all of my passions and will provide for a "fall-back" career option (teaching) that I will love just as much as journalism. Now for the tough decision: do I chose Photojournalism (passion), Design/Fashion Journalism (passion), or Entertainment/News Journalism (passion)? All three are very dear to me and I'm just not sure which I would do. I suppose that Fashion/Design would give way to Entertainment/News Journalism, what with red carpet events and all. And who says that I can't incorporate photography and photojournalism into all of this?

Well, I'm off to scale the Redwood Nat'l Forest or to walk along the harbor and watch the California Sea Lions bark their way into oblivion again. Perhaps I'll have something more interesting to rant and rave about later.

This above all else: To thine own self be true.
-Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment