Saturday, July 10, 2010

Defy Gravity!

I'm through accepting limits 'cause someone says they're so! Some things I cannot change, but 'till I try I'll never know! Oh how true these lyrics from Wicked's "Defying Gravity" are in my life. We can't let someone else's limitations and goals define our own. That has been on my mind so much lately as I've decided to follow my dreams and go after a degree in journalism; a career that is risky and challenging,but dreams are meant to be big so that you can grow into them. I've always felt like everyone had put limitations on my ability and I know that I have the potential to become the absolute best at anything that I attempt.

You know what I need to do? I need to write more because my voice is lacking. I've noticed that over the last three or four days. I don't see my narative vocie, my overall snarky and sarcastic attitude in anything that I've been writing. This is a problem, damn it.

I'll be back!

This above all else: to thine own self be true.
-Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment