Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dum spiro spero.

"While I breathe, I hope" - Cicero


Hell no, girlfriend! What the...

Okay, so i was beyond crushed when I saw special on the Discovery Channel about the birds that were always thought to be manogamous. For the longest time I've absolutely adored penguins (not so much the Dove, or other "monogamous" birds) and have always wanted to (jokingly - being the hopeless romantic that I am) ask a guy to be my "penguin". Stupid, I know, but don't hate.

Well, it seems as if these wonderfully faithful birds are doing their fair share of "getting busy." After doing several DNA tests, amongst other test, on several species of penguins, it has been found that "while daddy is away, momma likes to play." Several, if not most of the penguins did not belong to the "paternal penguin." This was absolutely devastating for me; it's like I've been lied to my entire life. What the hell, man. Seriously, people.

Interestingly enough, I also saw a special on the Tyra Show that mentioned that 1 in ever 10 people (roughly) have no idea who their biological father is. True, they are fairly certain that they know, even if it is the man you've called father all along. It has been proven that women are most likely to step outside of a marriage while "in heat" (for lack of a better primative phrase) and tends to have a more intense orgasm while having extra-marital sex. This increases the chances of conception. I find this disturbing, although in some strange way I'm not suprised. Don't be fooled, but women (and men alike) are just as sexual and animalistic (ish?) as the life around us.

*Awkard Silence*

Since I can find no suitable transition from something so distubring, I suppose simply moving on must do for now.

As for now, I must find comfort in my bed, beneath my covers, with my head restinng on a pillow. I know I've neglected to comply with the projects that I'm working on, but tomorrow I shall post my confession, fortune, and letter for both today and tomorrow. Be kind to yourself and others. Stay fabulous!

This above all: To thine own self be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment