Sunday, December 19, 2010

So, what's up with all of this DADT talk?

So, what's up with all of this DADT talk going on?

In case you have yet to be informed, DADT was repealed by both the House and the Senate and has been sent to the Office of the President to be signed. I think that it's quite obvious that even though Don't Ask, Don't Tell has been repealed, it will remain an "unspoken rule" for quite some time. I'm very excited, however, about the doors that are now being opened for the homosexual community because of this monumental breakthrough. I am very pleased with this and am excited to see what the future holds for our civil rights. In lieu of all of this excitement, bigots around the country are lighting their torches and sharpening their pitchforks, I can assure you. The light may be visible, but is still quite a ways away.

So there has been a quote that I've stumbled upon lately that keeps coming to memory:
"Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss"

Lately, it seems as if the world will never brighten and that tomorrow will be just as shitty as today. It seems as if the forces of the universe have decided that my life will be a metaphor of eternal damnation - and as "doom-n-gloom" as it may sound - it is true. In every storm, however, is hope. This quote has had quite the impact following recent "unfortunate" events in my crazy life - and I've been able to realize that everything that I'm going through is shaping me for the next trial and one day I will be able to know that I'm a strong, strong-willed, well built, and sound person because of everything that I've been through and because of such pain that I've endured, I will be able to understand the truth in the happiness that I will one day acquire.

"Happiness" - a word that has taken on so many different meanings in life. I have ultimately decided that it is now time for my own "happiness". Time to life for Kris, and for Kris alone. Not to become selfish and to be ignorant but to work at establishing my own life. I have to learn to love from a distance, to make decisions based on my needs and wants, and to disconnect in order to grow and establish what I will one day accomplish. I have goals and dreams and unless I start pursuing them, I will never succeed... So what is happiness? Is it being content with what you have? Is happiness having everything you want? Is there any conglomerate at the two that accurately defines "happiness"? Can it even be truly obtained?

Obviously I've been doing far too much thinking as of late. Dammit to hayull.

Well - for tonight I will be off to bed. I know my rant is fairly incoherent tonight - which I will attribute to the clock notifying me that it is indeed post 2am. I feel as if this is sufficient enough for the moment. There shall be more (more concise, coherent) blogging tomorrow in which I shall discuss the most risqué of topics, or so I hope. Until tomorrow, my loves:

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment