Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Marrow of Life: "Carpe-ing" the "Diem"

The marrow of life...

I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

It seems so easy to get caught up in the hell that goes on in and around us, neglecting to enjoy the moments in life that should make it all worth living and to let life pass by without experiencing that moment when one realizes the purpose and meaning of this brief span of existence. I suppose it it first necessary for one to decide which is more important: the destination or the journey.

The destination:
Everyone in life has a belief of some sort - even if they deny a "higher power" - a belief is still maintained. For some the destination of life is a heavenly afterlife whilst for others it's simply death. No matter what the belief, we all die. No matter how good or bad, how poor or rich, how successful or unsuccessful a person - that person still dies. Now, I'm not advocating living a life of mediocrity of any sort, but I do have a point. There are certain things in life that isn't worth the stress that we submit ourself to endure - most of which we worry about and never even comes to past. Why worry and stress over things that will simply pass by and soon be a distant memory. Sure, at the time it can be hard to endure, but put into perspective isn't worth it.

The journey:
The journey is life. It's the good times and the bad; the fortunes and the flaws; the love and the hate - it's our purpose. The journey should be our reason for living. If we live solely for what is to come we miss what we already have. It's important to set goals, yes. But the key to doing so is to be able to see what you want to obtain or what is to come and use what you have now to grasp it and handle it accordingly - being sure to be aware of the "here and now". If you neglect the "now", you are sure to miss out. If you neglect the future, you will have no direction. A healthy conglomeration of both is ideal: enjoy your life, your journey, and what you have while planning for what is to come.

Remember, it's not all about how much you accomplish, but about how hard you work and how true you are to what you want that matters. Live life with your heart, your soul, your self.

Okay, enough of that ranting bullshit for tonight, I suppose. I call it bullshit in light of how serious it truly is - I know. I believe everything that I've stated and this serves solely as an outlet for me to vent. What would be the fun in keeping all of my thoughts to myself. After all, I type all of this out for me, not for all of you to read. :-) Though I do love you all, dearly!

You know, lately life has decided to throw at me a number of hella-crazy trials that have sent me into a frenzy; a mental break-down of sorts!

It's nearly one in the morning. I'll wake up tomorrow before slaving away at work to update everyone on these events. I need to rant, you obviously want to read: it works for us both, I suppose.

I love you all dearly!

Kris

*disclaimer* I've read the blog and have seen several grammatical/spelling/syntax errors but am too lazy to fix them. Sorry, loves.

1 comment:

  1. To true!! You must have sometype of plans, but you have to live now. If you don't then you miss out of everything.

    ReplyDelete