Monday, February 21, 2011

Roads by Yours Truly

Roads.

Heading into the
darkness

Leading a life of
failure

Disparity.

Life is going
nowhere

Around every corner I find
defeat

Hope.

Tomorrow can be
better

With ever defeat comes
change

Life.

Finally my day has
purpose

This day, today, is
mine

Future.

Behold, I stand
proud

I will choose to be
successful

Change.

Turning from this darkness I
live

Living a life that I
love

Now.

I must look ahead and
listen

I must look behind and
learn

Roads.



So I wrote this poem (today, actually) and I plan to use it as my motivation for my tomorrow. As I watch the proverbial sunrise on a new path in my life, I have to use past experiences to learn, to look ahead and know that I am capable of more than I accredit myself for being able to accomplish. There's much changing in my life as of recent - so it seems since about August - and I need to blog about it all, but I feel as if it is all too soon for me to recollect. I will though, eventually, decide to blog and tell everything that this smile, this heart, and this life is hiding. Perhaps my next post? Perhaps not.

Kris


1 comment:

  1. All you can do is look to the future and hope for something better. Its only the thought of the future that gets me through the day.

    ReplyDelete